|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking time||40 min|
|Serving size||8 persons|
Also available in: Français
This indulgent vanilla and chocolate marble cake stays moist for a long time. It has a lovely almond and chocolate glaze. You will see, it’s not that difficult to make. You will be able to make this glaze again either using almonds or hazelnuts to use it on other cakes. In this recipe, I have used margarine, so my cake is dairy-free, but you can also use butter or vegetable oil.
List of ingredients
- 200 g all-purpose flour (1 cup and ⅔ cup)
- 150 g sugar (¾ cup)
- 150 g margarine, butter (a bit less than ⅔ cup) or 100 g vegetable oil (½ cup)
- 4 eggs
- 75 ml plant-based milk (coconut, almond or other) (⅓ cup)
- 20 g unsweetened cocoa powder (¼ cup)
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1 pinch of fleur de sel
- 150 g baking chocolate ( a bit less than 1 cup)
- 30 g sunflower oil or grape-seed oil (2 tbsp)
- 30 g roasted and crushed almonds or hazelnuts (¼ cup)
Steps for the recipe
- Beat the margarine (butter or oil) and sugar in a bowl then add the eggs and plant-based milk.
- Add the flour, baking powder and baking soda, mix well then pour half of the batter into another bowl.
- Add the seeds from the vanilla bean into the first bowl and the unsweetened cocoa powder and 2 tablespoons of plant-based milk into the second bowl.
- Alternately spread the two batters into a slightly greased cake pan and finally create some swirls using a knife.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes at 180°C (350 F).
- Microwave the chocolate for about 1 minute and a half, then add the sunflower oil and crushed almonds, whisk the mixture and pour it onto the baked cake after the cake has cooled down.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours to let the glaze harden.