|Difficulty level||Very easy|
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Serving size||4 persons|
Also available in: Français
Among all the chocolate mousse recipes, this one is my favorite. Simple to make with only 4 ingredients, with a rich chocolate flavor and a firm texture that melts in the mouth (obtained by allowing the mousse to set in the fridge). Discover this chocolate mousse recipe by watching the video and get some tips to make a successful mousse.
You can make it with different types of chocolate (white chocolate, milk chocolate, milk and caramel chocolate etc), be as creative as you like by using meringue cookies, chocolate chips, candied orange peel chopped, orange zest or spices such as cinnamon. Last tip… try to add a pinch of fleur de sel before serving, this will taste heavenly! Prepare your chocolate mousse the day before, it always tastes better.
List of ingredients
- 25g sugar (2 tbsp)
- 25g salted butter (2 tbsp)
- 4 fresh eggs
- 150g baking chocolate or white or milk chocolate (a bit less than 1 cup)
Steps for the recipe
- Chop the chocolate and place in a bowl, add the butter. You can either use a Bain Marie or microwave to melt the ingredients together.
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites. Beat the egg yolks and the sugar.
- Add the egg yolks and the sugar to the chocolate. Mix and let it cool totally.
- Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt and fold them carefully into your chocolate mixture.
- Pour into some ramekins and refrigerate for a whole night !